Friday, December 2, 2011

Sosterkake

Well I'm busy writing this post late at night because I made a big oops! While at the Son's of Norway meeting tonight a member asked for my Sosterkake recipe. No problem I tell her(that's you Janet O) I'll mail you the link to my blog the recipe is on there. Well low and behold I never posted it so Janet O. this is for you!




Sosterkake

Ingredients:


1 cup butter (room temp/softened)
2 eggs

3 cups flour

2 cups sugar

12 ounces evaporated milk

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 1/2 teaspoons cardamon

1 - 1 1/2 cups dried fruit
( traditionally raisins but I make up my own variations such as cranberries and apricots,wild blueberries, currents or golden raisins the choice is yours)

also optional is 1 teaspoon almond extract

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease and flour 2 bread pans.

Cream together butter eggs and sugar till well mixed.

Add flour and baking powder mix till well blended.

Slowly add the evaporated milk.

When all combined add you choice of dried fruits...if you are using large fruits like apricots cut them up into small pieces.

Bake for 1 hour.

Cool and enjoy!!!



No comments: