Saturday, May 15, 2010

Eggs in Red Pepper Rings


While out at the super market I was looking through the cooking magazines and saw a picture of eggs in red pepper rings. My son loves red peppers so I thought I would give it a try. I didn't have the recipe but figured how difficult could it be. So I just used the same spices I used from the eggs in a bread bowl recipe minus the bread.  This is a good alternative if you are looking to reduce the amount of bread you eat. Both my husband and my son devoured them so I guess this is a keeper.

Ingredients:

1-2 red peppers depending on the size
Eggs
Margarine
Chives
Real bacon bits
Shredded cheese of your choice
salt & pepper



Wash the peppers and cut into thick rings. In a frying pan, over medium heat,heat up about 1-2 tablespoons of margarine. When the pan is nice and hot put on the pepper rings. Make sure the pan is hot enough or your eggs will leak out like mine did. Live and learn. Crack an egg into each ring. Season with salt and pepper. Add chives, bacon bits and shredded cheese. Cover and cook till the eggs are done to  your preference. Serve and enjoy!


 

No comments: