Sunday, May 2, 2010

Grilled Veggies

Yesterday was a beautiful day that called for our first BBQ of the season. Now don't get me wrong, I grill all year long... steaks and burgers but when its cold you can run in and out of the house and leave the meat on the grill not so with grilled veggies. I just love grilled veggies and they are so easy to do. I always make a lot so I have left overs for grilled veggie sandwiches with goat cheese. In fact I just got done eating one on a piece of french baguette.The best, anyway try grilling your own veggies this BBQ season.

Grilled Veggies

Ingredients:

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Garlic powder
Seasoning of your choice
I love to use Green Goddess Dressing Base from Penzeys











Veggies of your choice:

Eggplant
red,yellow,orange peppers
Zucchini
asparagus
portobello mushrooms etc.

Wash and prepare the vegetables. I snap the ends from the asparagus, partially peel the zucchini and eggplant then slice into slices about 1/4- 1/2 inch thick. Remove the seeds and membrane from inside peppers and slice into fourths etc. Put veggies into Ziploc bags. Pour in balsamic vinegar and olive oil. I don't measure but oil should be enough to cover the vegetables. Sprinkle in garlic powder and any other seasoning of your choice. Seal bags and let marinate a few hours.












Heat up the grill and cook veggies over low heat turning frequently. Enjoy!

No comments: