Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cooking In Georgia!

Well I've been down in Ga. visiting my Mom for the past two weeks and we have been trying some new recipes and some old favorites! We tried a recipe for Chocolate Truffle brownies that are so  rich you need to cut them into tiny slices. I made the Caramel Pecan Brownies and actually got to put pecans in them..everyone loved them but I didn't like the texture of the pecans. I also made Fried Green Tomatoes stuffed with Goat Cheese..you serve these with  red pepper jam and a reduced balsamic they are out of this world..my sister Kathy even ate them! She also came over one night for dinner and I had grilled veggies. She kept on eating them saying the whole time "I hate eggplant but this is great"...she ate almost all the eggplant. We also tried a tomato tart made with puff pastry..that was good but needed more cheese and basil so when I post that recipe I will post it with the necessary adjustments. Key Lime Pie is always a must when I'm down here although this time I got a little carried away with the meringue. We also tried a pork tenderloin with blackberry sauce, which was good ,but a little on the sweet side.Today we have a peach cobbler in the oven which is smelling great!

No comments: