Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Feast


Well today is Fathers Day and my husband is having one of his favorite meals…Lobster! Thank goodness he just likes to eat them steamed…one time we did lobster and you had to put a knife through the lobsters head and all kinds of other things…yuck. So this morning I went to Stop and Shop where they had lobsters on sale for $5.99 a pound but of course they didn’t have any left..I was annoyed to say the least but while I was there I noticed that the blueberries were on sale so I figured I’d make a Blueberry Pie for dessert so the trip wasn’t a complete waste. Now I was off to Uncle Giuseppe’s,they also had lobster on sale for $6.99 a pound. Now Uncle Giuseppe’s is a dangerous place, they have some really great speciality things. I picked up the lobster,some dark chocolate covered pretzels,corn on the cob,a butternut squash spinach salad whit Gorgonzola cheese , spring mix , vanilla ice cream to go with the blueberry pie I’m going to make and a fantastic red potato salad with bacon and Gorgonzola cheese. Then as I was checking out I noticed they had blackberries and raspberries on sale. Now I’m thinking about Mascarpone Berry Parfaits so I buy the berries. So now we have two desserts for Fathers Day. I called up my sister and invited her and her hubby Fred over for dessert and I invited my neighbor George and his friend Kim. This way I will not be waking up in the middle of the night eating leftover dessert!
When I got home Kris set up the big pot outside and the lobsters were steamed up and put in the fridge. The lettuce was picked and washed from the garden, the corn will be roasted on the BBQ….. I can’t wait for dessert!


No comments: