Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mascarpone Berry Parfaits

Well I couldn’t resist the blackberries and raspberries when I was shopping and the price was right. We haven’t had Mascarpone Berry Parfaits for two summers and when I saw the berries that’s what I thought of …. so Father’s Day had two desserts. These parfaits are an easy make ahead dessert and they taste like heaven. You can use any combination of berries that you like. They are also a great adult dessert for 4th of July because they end up with red white and blue layers. I make mine in wine glasses..you want something that is clear to show off the layers.



Mascarpone Berry Parfaits



Red and blue berries of your choice: strawberries;blackberries;raspberries;bluberries

16 oz container of Mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup powdered suger
Zest of one orange or 1 tsp. rehydrated orange zest
Grand Marnier

Cream de Cassis

6 wine or clear glasses

Rinse and dry berries. If you are using strawberries ,slice them up.



In a small bowl mix Mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar and orange zest. Add Grand Marnier to taste.


In a wine glass place a layer of blue berries, a layer of red berries. Pour a small amount of Crean de Cassis over berries. Top with a layer of Mascarpone cheese mixture. Repeat.


Decorate tops with berries. Chill. Serve and enjoy.....I know I do!











 
 
 

No comments: