Sunday, March 14, 2010

Breakfast Request- Baked Eggs in Bread Bowls

Last night my son sent me a link to Baked Eggs in Bread bowls and requested it for breakfast this morning. It looked interesting so I gave it a go. They are in the oven right now baking and should be out soon. The recipe is easy to follow and I added a few of my own touches. After putting in the eggs,herbs and cream I added Hormel Real bacon bits and instead of using Parmesan cheese I used a Mexican Cheddar Jack blend. When I sent my husband out for rolls he couldn't find dinner rolls but the rolls he found were round and deep..I might of been able to put 2 eggs in each but decided to stick with the one for the first time making it.

Baked Eggs in a Basket

Well the verdict is in and it's a keeper. If I don't find the dinner rolls I would definitely put 2 eggs in each bread bowl, those were big rolls my hubby brought home.

2 comments:

debtheweb said...

I did not know youhad a blog. Did you see Julie and Julia?

debtheweb said...

I did not know you had a blog. Did you see Julie and Julia?