Sunday, March 28, 2010

Northport Sweet Shop & Copenhagen Bakery

Well I put it off till today but I made my annual Easter pilgrimage to Northport for my Easter Chocolate. I love going down to Northport village ,it is so pretty to walk around and look in all the little shops or sit and watch the world from the gazebo.But my favorite places to stop are the Northport Sweet Shop and Copenhagen Bakery.

The Northport Sweet Shop is right on main street. Aside from great home made ice cream it is the place to go for really good chocolate Easter Bunnies. I have been buying their chocolate bunnies for so many years I've lost count. It is so much better than what you can get many other places but you have to go early if you want a good selection. Because I waited so long this year I wasn't able to get any dark chocolate bunnies or the smaller ones because they were already sold out.


My last stop was the Copenhagen Bakery. They have some really awesome pastries and breads. The bakery is located on Woodbine Ave and if you are ever in Northport make sure you stop in, you will not be dissapointed. I went in for a loaf of Sunflower bread and ended up with bread,pasteries and a fruit tart. I usually make my own Tarts but sometimes it just nice to eat something I didn't bake.


No comments: