Sunday, April 4, 2010

Cream Puff Cake

I really love this cake,it is so tasty and relatively easy to make.  The reason I say this ii it  does take a little bit of arm strength to incorporate the eggs but it is well worth the effort.I got the recipe from a Norwegian lady at an event I was attending. She had made the cake and I had to have the recipe to make it for my own family. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does. I made this one to bring to my sisters on Easter!

Cream Puff Cake

For cake:

1 cup water
1 stick butter
1 cup flour
4 eggs

For topping:

1 cup confectioners sugar
2 tbls. melted butter
1 tsp. almond extract
a small amount of milk added as needed

In a medium sauce pan add water and butter. Melt over high heat, then remove.

Stir in the flour till mixed well.

Mix in 1 egg at a time till it is absorbed into batter. Repeat till all eggs are incorporated.(This is the tiring part don't give up just keep mixing!)

On a round 12-14 inch pan, lined with parchment paper,spoon the batter into a circle.



Bake at 450 for 15 minutes. Open the oven rotate the pan around very carefully, lower the oven to 325 and bake 15 more minutes. Remove from oven. Let it cool off a bit then remove it from the parchment paper and onto a serving plate or another round pan covered with foil. Cool completely.




While the cake is cooling in a small bowl mix together the confectioners sugar, melted butter and almond extract. Add milk a bit at a time till desired consistency and smooth. Drizzle on top of cake and enjoy!


No comments: